At Cummins Milling we love to share recipes and tips, to help you get the most out of our flour and premixes.
We also like hearing about your recipe ideas. If you’d like to share some of your home baking secrets with us please visit our Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you!
- Cummins Milling First Quality Bakers Flour, to dust
- 500g (3 ¼ cups) Cummins Milling First Quality Bakers Flour
- 40g ( ½ cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 75g butter, softened
- 310ml (1 ¼ cups) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Lightly dust a baking tray with flour.
- Place the flour, parmesan, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and salt in a food processor bowl and process until combined.
- Add the butter and buttermilk, and process until the mixture just comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Shape dough into an 18cm-diameter disc and dust with flour.
- Place on the prepared tray.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a cross, about 1cm deep, in the top of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C and bake for a further 30 minutes or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the base.
- Transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool.