Soda Bread Recipe
- Cummins Milling First Quality Bakers Flour, to dust
- 500g (3 ¼ cups) Cummins Milling First Quality Bakers Flour
- 40g ( ½ cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 75g butter, softened
- 310ml (1 ¼ cups) buttermilk
Preheat oven to 220°C. Lightly dust a baking tray with flour.
Place the flour, parmesan, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and salt in a food processor bowl and process until combined.
Add the butter and buttermilk, and process until the mixture just comes together.
Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
Shape dough into an 18cm-diameter disc and dust with flour.
Place on the prepared tray.
Use a small sharp knife to cut a cross, about 1cm deep, in the top of the dough.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C and bake for a further 30 minutes or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the base.
Transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool.